A practical three-day course to grade scaffold boards set out in BS 2482:2009 specification for timber scaffold boards.
You should attend this course if:
- you grade, band and issue new scaffold boards.
Through classroom based interactive learning, practical days spent in the timber yard and a practical examination, this course will provide delegates with:
- an introduction to timber, including the uses of timber in structural applications
- an explanation of strength grading and the marking systems for scaffold boards
- an understanding of the responsibilities of the grader and the grading company
- the correct storage methods
- an introduction to the natural growth characteristics of wood using hand held samples
- practical exercises to learn how to grade scaffold boards
- formal practical based exam.
The course also includes:
- practical exercises
- a written test.
During the course, 3m lenghts of timber will be handled on a daily basis. Please ensure all delegates bring suitable clothing such as Hi-Vis vest/jacket and protective safety/footwear. Delegates must also be aware of the correct manual handling techniques.