Following recent investigations into upholstery on sale in the UK containing foams and fabrics that do not comply with British law, this course run by a furniture industry expert can offer manufacturers and suppliers peace of mind.
What will the course cover?
This one day course will provide delegates with a key understanding of the requirements of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988
(as amended), BS 7177 for mattresses and divans and BS 7176 for non domestic seating, with particular focus on the following core aspects:
- An introduction to the Regulations
- Type of products covered by the Regulations
- An explanation of the different schedules within the Regulations
- What is a schedule 3 interliner and when can it be used?
- Requirements for non domestic seating
- Requirements for mattresses, toppers and divan bases
- Product FR labelling requirements
- Understanding test reports
- Traceability of materials used in manufacture/product
- Visit to FIRA Flammability Test Laboratory
- What products are affected by the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended), BS7177 and BS7176?
- A variety of upholstered furniture products including sofas, chairs, upholstered bedsteads, headboards, bean bags / casual seating, cushions, mattresses, toppers and divan bases