Fire door design, installation and maintenance are crucial to safeguarding the well-being of vulnerable hospital patients, their visitors and health service staff.
This on-the-road seminar day is designed specifically for the health sector. Exova BM TRADA will present an overview of fire door design, manufacture, testing, installation and maintenance. This course is based on our popular 'Fire Doors Explained', but makes special reference to issues important to the health sector - particularly smoke control - and includes a site tour and discussion based on the course content.
Background to regulatory requirements including:
- the role of fire doors in progressive horizontal evacuation (Fire code - fire safety in the NHS (HTM 05-02)) and the effect of the RRFSO
- anatomy of fire resistant doorsets
- installation and maintenance of fire doors
- fire testing and the role of assessments
- third party certification
- DVD demonstration of a fire door test
- site tour and discussion
This course has been designed for:
Who should attend?
- facilities and estate managers
- fire officers
- building contractors and installers
All those working in NHS Trusts, health sector companies or their suppliers, who need to understand, manage, specify, install and maintain fire doors