Our testing services on panel products include the following:
- thickness swell due to soaking to BS EN 317
- glue bond strength of plywood products to BS EN 314 (UKAS-accredited)
- internal bond strength to BS EN 319
- dimensional stability to BS EN 318
- bending strength and stiffness to BS EN 310
- shear strength to BS EN 789
- impact resistance (soft body) and concentrated point load to BS EN 1195
- water vapour transmission testing to BS EN ISO 12572
- surface abrasion resistance (Taber test) to BS EN 14904
Specimen sizes vary depending on the test, from 20mm in width up to 1600 × 6000mm for complete floor panels.
The results of structural testing allow the product to be placed on the market and be classified in accordance with BS EN 12369-1, BS EN 13986 and other appropriate standards.
We can also undertake natural weather trials at our exposure site to evaluate the degradation due to weathering of coated or uncoated panel products.