Bespoke programmes range from small material tests to large carbonaceous fire investigations to help solve real-life fire safety problems that often fall outside the remit of already published standards.
Crucially, our team expertise combines engineering disciplines with innovative problem solving techniques. Close working relationships with fire and rescue services, UK industry experts and colleagues within Exova Warringtonfire allow us to draw upon a broad range of skills, expertise and testing equipment.
We can supply in-depth analysis, quantify risks and provide effiecient, cost effective, proven solutions for special projects.
Fire research and testing services include:
- the design and operation of fire test research programmes including:
- specimen construction
- trained fire fighting cover for testing activities
- collection of data
- third party test reports of the findings
- working with trade associations to write new test methods
- providing the facilities and construction of demonstration models for TV and film production companies to undertake filming of fire tests
- providing expert knowledge on a product's performance in fire, including new fire fighting techniques and technologies and their fitness for purpose
- providing a venue and technical support for companies to showcase their products
- additional equipment can be installed to specific requirements, including thermal imaging cameras or infra red CCTV. Data can be recorded on calibrated real-time data analysis equipment, allowing information to be quickly displayed in spreadsheets and graphs