Wood flooring consultancy
Exova provides independent technical services on the adequacy of proposed systems of flooring installation. We provide advice on issues of installation and identify and advise on potential problem areas before they become a costly in-service issue.
We are well-placed to comment and advise on issues of floor specification and are routinely engaged in an expert capacity in providing consultancy support in the resolution of legal disputes
Our range of activities in flooring consultancy include:
- guidance on specification and installation practices including advice on fixing and gluing
- advice and guidance on the expected levels of in-service movement in relation to expected climatic conditions and seasonal variations
- guidance on species selection and floor covering construction
- advice on underfloor heating systems and optimal commissioning regimes
- slip-resistance testing to evaluate the slip potential to pedestrian traffic of flooring and decking systems
We have published a professional guide on the installation of wood flooring.
Wood flooring inspection
We can undertake specialist site surveys
on domestic and sports hall floors
as well as industrial floors
to diagnose in-service problems of movement and performance.
Our team of specialist consultants have expertise in various aspects of floor installation and design, enabling diagnostic work to be undertaken from performance-related, aesthetic or structural perspectives.
Typical site surveys may include:
- on-site hygrometric surveys of ambient conditions and sub-floor moisture
- on-site diagnostic surveys to determine the cause(s) of shrinkage, swelling and other forms of distortion (cupping, ridging, surface delamination etc)
- on-site diagnostic investigations into problems of in-service squeaking
- on-site quality monitoring of the adequacy of flooring installations and their compliance with designated best practice and standards guidance
- commentary and advice on issues of visual quality and permissible defect levels in relation to consumer expectation
- provision of expert witness advice in legal disputes