BM TRADA Q-Mark window general performance scheme was introduced as an entry level certification scheme covering windows produced to British Standards for most of the common material types.
The scheme certifies products for the material specific product standard and is the starting point for manufacturers to achieve the enhanced security and high performance Q-Mark schemes.
- timber windows to BS 644
- PVC-U windows to BS 7412
- aluminium windows to BS 4873
- steel windows to BS 6510
- composite material windows
- window hardware (for proving ability to comply with the test standards).
All the above types of products must pass initial type testing to:
- BS 6375-1: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for weathertightness and guidance on selection and specification.
- BS 6375-2: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for operation and strength characteristics and guidance on selection and specification.
BM TRADA Q-Mark certification involves initial type testing and factory production control audits. Maintaining certification involves periodic audit testing and factory production control audits.