Product certification is defined as a system for determining the conformity of a product with specific requirements through an initial conformity assessment, a surveillance conformity audit and a conformity re-assessment. Surveillance by testing of product samples taken from the factory, and/or the open market is undertaken where required by the Scheme Technical Document.
The Exova BM TRADA Q-Mark system is based on the recognised Product Certification Standard EN 45011 and confirms that a product conforms to the requirements of an appropriate recognised product Scheme Technical Document.
A conformity assessment will include some of the following:
- factory production control process and procedures - mandatory
- Initial Type Testing / calculation / Technical Appraisals - mandatory
- Design Appraisals depends on Scheme Technical Document
- ongoing factory surveillance audit - mandatory
- periodic ongoing product performance audits - depends on Scheme Technical Document
The resultant certification is specific to clearly defined products, elements, systems or processes.