There is a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if they are not properly installed, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised. The Q-Mark fire door installation scheme has been designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end users that the product they have chosen has been installed correctly and that it will perform as intended.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximised through correct installation
- Provide peace of mind that the installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.