As part of the scheme, the installer must demonstrate that they have processes in place to ensure that their conservatories are built consistently to an appropriate standard. These processes include those for the initial sale / contract, purchasing of components, survey of the site, as well as the actual installation. In addition, specific technical requirements must be met for the specification of the conservatory, which are designed to ensure that the finished product is both useable and durable. Where possible, these requirements follow the guidance in the Building Regulations, so that the conservatory is built to recognised accepted standards.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of conservatories and orangeries
- Ensure that products are chosen which are designed as a complete solution, taking into account the applicable loads
- Maximise the product’s service life
- Provide peace of mind to the homeowner that the installer is suitably qualified and that their work is regularly assessed by an independent body
- Ensure appropriate care of the existing building is taken during the conservatory / orangery installation