Improved energy performance can bring immediate benefits and having your energy management system certified demonstrates your commitment to energy reduction, best practice and sustainability.
Specifically ISO 50001 certification will:
- reduce energy costs through measurement and management of energy consumption leading to energy efficiency
- promote energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- evaluate and prioritise new energy-efficient technologies
- increase new business opportunities and meet legal and contractual obligations
- increase stakeholder confidence and enhance reputation.
During late 2018 it is expected that ISO 50001 will be revised to keep pace with the changes in the energy sector. It has reached Final Draft International Standard (FDIS) stage.