Certification to ISO 14001 will provide assurance that your environmental management system is operating efficiently and effectively. Specifically ISO 14001 certification will:
- provide assurance to management that there is a systematic way of identifying and controlling the company’s impact on the environment
- demonstrate compliance with current legislation and regulations
- enhance business reputation and support your company's claims about its environmental credentials
- result in improved efficiency and productivity – reducing costs
- reassure customers and stakeholders of your company’s environmental responsibility
- provide a clear framework for improvement and monitoring.
ISO 14001 provides a framework for a whole-systems approach to the organisation’s policy, plan and actions which can be used to meet internal and external objectives for environmental management.
The essential elements for ISO 14001 environmental management systems certification, are that it must commit to continual improvement and to compliance with applicable regulations and legislation. These elements will drive your organisation to continually develop your environmental performance and achieve greater recognition in the marketplace in which you operate.