The Q-Mark scheme was established to encourage quality and best practice specifically in the timber and construction sector. The scheme’s main objective is to enhance the product and service and standards of organisations.
Specifiers want greater confidence in a product than simply a manufacturer's declaration. They want evidence from a reliable independent source to confirm that the product has been properly tested and is manufactured to a consistently high standard.
An organisation with a Q-Mark certification has the confidence of customers because its products or services are audited by a third party certification body. This helps to ensure quality excellence on an on-going basis, and sets product or service standards above that of its competitors.
Product certification is the ultimate endorsement of a product's performance. In turn this will lead to more business.
The benefits of gaining a Q-Mark include:
- builds credibility in the manufacturer, installer, or maintainer of a performance critical product
- gives confidence that the quality of the product, installation and on-going maintenance will be consistent at all times
- helps to reduce the risk of product failure
- helps specifiers make commercially sound decisions in performance critical products, their installation and on-going maintenance
- it is a recognisable and widely accepted quality standard.
Q-Mark is the product certification scheme for building and construction products and is regarded as one of the most rigorous certification processes available.
A Q-Mark is obtained through Exova BM TRADA who are one of the UK’s leading providers of independent third party certification and are a United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredited certification body. Learn more about our services via the website, email us or call a Q-Mark expert on 01494 569745.
We also offer a suite of training courses, click here to discover more.